View Single Post
Old 24th January 2019, 16:41   #16616  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbringer View Post
Received yesterday a new core update for RB 1.24.0.
Was hoping that issue with non-closing/ non-responding application would be solved.

Issue is still there: When trying to close RB (manuell or per checkbox after completing encode), window closes, but RB still shows up in taskbar, but isn't responding anymore.
So autoshutdown doesn't happen too.

New start of RB isn't possible except i kill task in taskmanager before.
Which Windows Version are you on? Do you have antivirus or anything running? I haven't had this issue in Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by light5out View Post
Ok, so what do you recommend I do with it, I notice when I did an encode it came out at like 25.3 fps or something. (and it was way out of sync) Basically I just want to shrink it down.
Sometimes Media info can help see if the file is a variable FPS, or if you look at the FPS info while playing the file, if your video player shows the FPS in realtime.

As for syncing up the audio/video, have you tried TimeCodes?

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...es#post1849546

Quote:
...try copying the timestamp file from source to your encoded file. This is especially helpful with variable frame rate files.

Extracting timecodes (windows batch file):
Code:
Code:
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvextract.exe" timecodes_v2 "%%A" "0:%%A_timecodes.txt"
^^ The above is for running the batch file in the same folder as the video files that you want to extract the timestamp info from (source)

Batch importing with Encoded files in the same folder as the extracted timecodes .txt files(windows batch file)
Code:
Code:
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%%~A-fixed.mkv" --timecodes "0:%%A_timecodes.txt" "%%~A"
If you're working with something other than MKVs you'd want to change that in the scripts.
The above has the batch version but you can do this with MKVExtract and the GUI.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote