View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:48   #27  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
My answer tothe OP has already been given.
Well I'll give you one thing, you're still finding slightly new variations on classic topic avoidance techniques. What happens is, in a discussion forum, when answers are given posters also tend to discuss them. I've done it while conversing with another poster. You've been doing just that until the questions no longer suited you.

Quote:
If he wants to preserve the structure of the original CD, he must use a single file approach with a cue file if the album is gapless.
So FLAC+cue is included in that now?
It's nonsense anyway, unless you can demonstrate why a gapless multi-track approach, or a single multi-track FLAC file without cue etc, can't produce exactly the same result.

Quote:
Depending on the reader and writer, he can enrich this cue file with ISRC and other useful codes (including CD TEXT, so often missing from the originals).
If he wants to play them, he could rip each track individually, with or without a cue file, as most burning software allow one to construct a CD from single audio files (CUE on the fly ). There are no restrictions for playback on the PC, standalones might require special codecs (like MP3 and the like).
Change of topic, topic avoidance?

Quote:
If he wants to follow my advice, fine. If he decides to follow others, again fine. I am not founding a church and my word is not God's one. I also do not intend to teach other people on my own time.
I think the value of your word is fairly well appreciated. Just out of curiosity, if your intention isn't to teach other people on your own time (don't you post from work anyway, on someone else's time?) for what purpose do you post? Why did you post in this thread?

Why is it so hard? You claimed under some circumstance (you might have to clear up exactly when) using FLAC+cue would produce a nasty gap in what should be gapless album/CD? In the context of this discussion, when exactly? Burning them to CD again? Is it a secret similar to the technical explanation to which you referred but won't offer because that'd be teaching in a way explaining how to enrich cue files or how to add text to burned CDs isn't?
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote