View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2005, 00:26   #91  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
I assume that when using the automatic 2 pass mode with turbo enabled it only uses the reduced settings in the first pass and uses the settings specified in the gui for the second pass, right?
Absolutely. It will be like that in the upcoming automated 3 pass mode as well (my way of killing a perfectly good week-end)

The analyse switches are fixed in the upcoming 0.2.0.5.. I just need to finish the AVI part.

The first encoding results from my shiny new CPU can be found here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=94226

Quote:
Is a plain old x264 gui still wanted?
Still on the todo list, yes. I see two ways of handling that: 1) smart compiling.. use compilation flags to "throw out" all the stuff not needed. 2) add a flag to the settings file that upon loading disables everythinb but x264 encoding (basically hide the audio groupbox, codec label and selection and blank out the AVI output mode). You also have to blank out everything but the settings in the tools menu, and that menu has to be simplified to just offer the x264 path, and all the options in the other groupbox (except for the x264 encoder of course). If you start now, please be careful to touch as little as possible as a lot of classes will come back changed in 0.2.0.5