View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 05:37   #8328  |  Link
saphire199

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's not BD Rebuilder. It's the newer firmware updates of the PS3. Sony screwed the pooch with that release. I'm not sure about "invalid disc", though, as I thought the issue resulted in the PS3 seeing it as a data disc. I don't own a PS3, so I can't confirm it.

I'd be happy to make any changes necessary to support it -- but since I have no idea why it stopped working, someone would have to tell me how.
JDobbs, wanted to give you more input on this. I have latest update on PS3. Most of my movies are DVD9, movie-only backup. All of them play fine on PS3, they come up AVCHD and play movie with no problem. A few movie also I have on BD25, full movie backup. Again, these play fine and are recognized as blu-ray disc. In fact, just got done backing up Avatar, no problem. I also checked older discs and as yet have had no problem.

The only issue I have had, and I don't think it is PS3, is when I try to make DVD9 full backup. I used BDRB to make full backup, 2 passes, default quality, and make iso with Imgburn. The iso plays fine on pc with Power DVD 10. When I burn with Imgburn, the disc won't play on pc and shows up as data disc in PS3. I CAN go into the BDMV files and play the movie from there, I am assuming this will be fine unless there are multiple m2ts files. Does this help at all?
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote