View Single Post
Old 10th December 2019, 03:51   #17975  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/
I use 1 to 1 backups

Won't give you the benefits of a test encode (seeing the actual file results) but you can check:
(on a job) edit > AviSynth > Show Video Script > Look under the custom section that you see your script, then...
> Preview (first to make sure there are no errors in your script.
If no errors and your script is being loaded > AVS Meter to see the speed and such it runs at.
If you're still skeptical that your script isn't being used because of a mistake in your code that you're not seeing try removing it and then running the AVS Meter again, if there is no difference in speed (FPS) then something could be wrong with your script and then you'd want to run a test encode to see if there are any filesize differences, if none then it is likely your script or you're using a filter that is not having an impact either by design or by an error in your script.
(tip, on your script be sure "video" is somewhere after the "=" otherwise it isn't being using in the final video sent to the HEVC encoder, otherwise it is fine if you're using it for a mask, prefilter, etc...

Besides MD1-3 (there are higher ones as well) you can try adjusting the strength as well (thSAD, higher values mean more removal of grain/noise but too high removes noticeable details). Can also try after MD a filter like FineDehalo/HQDeringmod (there are a lot of choices in this area) to remove some created/leftover temporal noise (mosquitoes) depending on your source and filter results.
Thanks for the great reply

I did do a run on the first few minutes of The Fifth Element (which is VERY noisey), and I was pretty happy the MD3 results (thSAD=800).

I do have slightly different thSAD numbers for MD1 & MD2.

I might go back to a much older version of RB, and see what the HQDN3D settings were, and maybe create a custom filter for non 10bit encodes.