View Single Post
Old 19th May 2019, 03:41   #56287  |  Link
SirMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for this issue?

I am not sure where to ask it, but I think it's probably a Windows or maybe NVidia thing?

I set up a HTPC for a friend, but for some reason, whenever a video opens or closes (Like starting a video in MPC-HC or then closing MP-HC itself) it causes his display to have to re-acquire it's signal.

This is pretty annoying as he has an older JVC (RS600) with a near 20-second sync time.

Now, I am completely familiar with refresh rate switching and such, but I have all of that completely disabled. I have the HTPC set for 3840x2160 23Hz RGB 12-bit (tried 8-bit as well). Refresh rate switching is disabled in madVR and disabled in MPC-HC.

Any ideas of how I can have it so that the JVC doesn't need to re-sync every time I open and close a video?
Well, I figured out the screen re-sync issue.

It was a combination of software and hardware.

It happened when using in madVR calibration tab "Report BT2020 to display" enabled and when sending the video through a Marantz 8802.

If we send the video to the JVC RS600 directly, it never blanks with "Report BT2020 to display" enabled, or if we send the video through the Marantz 8802 with "Report BT2020 to display" disabled it also never blanks.

But send "Report BT2020 to display" enabled into the Marantz and it blanks every time opening and closing a video through madVR.

Weird!
SirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote