View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2020, 19:33   #2  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I don't know any.
All those I know make use of extra modules (like Lemony) to create the subtitles.

After a long search (like 10 years), what I use for DVD is also what I use for BD, namely EasySup (I think), the companion of MultiAVCHD. It can use fonts, styles (bold, italic), unicode (good if you're not English), and the subs are perfectly rendered. It needs however the extra step of converting the subs to DVD format (it outputs BD format, incompatible; a small price to pay for a great tool and quality). Until this, I used MaestroSBT, which gave only a couple of bad rendered subs per total. At the other end of the spectrum is SubtitleWorkshop that rendered only a couple of sub correctly (but can work directly on the DVD). Also good to use, when no styles are needed (or all subs look the same) are the txt2sub series (Txt2Sup converts with one click an srt/sub(microdvd) subtitle at a sup file. The sup files can be used with ifoedit in order to add extra subtitles in a dvd by using the method of reauthor. srt2sup, sub2sup, srttosup, subtosup, srt to sup, sub to sup.).