View Single Post
Old 21st December 2016, 14:20   #41655  |  Link
jkauff

I think these posts about minor differences in settings are not helping madshi get where he wants to go.

As I understand it, he's working toward a Version 1.0 that will be easy to configure and will work best for MOST users in MOST situations MOST of the time. That seems to be his focus at the moment. Just like we have a madVR [debug].ax file in the package today, he could give us a madVR [expert].ax file that would have the old complex UI with all the choices for those who need/want complete control. That should satisfy most of the posters who can't live with the v0.91 approach. I think that would work better than hiding that functionality behind a tab or button labeled "Advanced", as they do in Handbrake.

We should be helping madshi by telling him if the new UI is simple and clear enough; if the choices he's made for default settings are best for the casual/new user; and what additional changes would be useful in a 1.0 release. All the "THESE settings look best for MY needs" posts are probably just distracting, and certainly aren't moving madVR forward.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote