View Single Post
Old 7th August 2016, 17:19   #1  |  Link
ewok_shaver

Unable to rip the 2nd vid track of 3D Bluray

No matter what I try, I can't seem to rip the contents of a 3D Bluray I own in a way that also carries over the 2nd video track.

I can rip it as a 2D MKV or ISO just fine, but the 2nd video track never carries over.

I think the core of my problem is that my computer for some reason believes there's only 20gb of data on the disc (this is the size displayed for it's icon in the "My Computer" window), when in actuality, there is closer to 40gb of data on the disc. This size discrepency is about the same size as the SSIF file, which, as I understand it, is the data that produces the 2nd video track on a 3D Bluray. I can find the SSIF file when I explore the disc, and see it's full size, but in other ways, the computer doesn't seem to recognize it's existance and reports the disc's size as if it were missing. Coincidentally, this file is pretty much "skipped over" in all my attempts to rip the disc. It's almost as if the disc's been formatted in such a way that the ssif file is only half there.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem and rip all the video content of the Bluray, not just the primary video track?
ewok_shaver is offline   Reply With Quote