View Single Post
Old 1st June 2017, 16:57   #43973  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by igvk View Post
Yes, it should be limited range. But somehow this video is decoded to values of R that are out of scope for limited range. Although it doesn't look like full range video - the level of white color stops at 235.
There are lots of video that show some artifacts in saturated areas that become seen when using 3D LUT.
could be anything from a mastering issue to encoding artifacts the list is long.

nothing wrong with decoding anything to full range even if the video is limited range. this is totally ok the issue is the 3D LUT handle nothing else.
Quote:
My question is - does it make sense to consider values 0 and 255 special that shouldn't be mapped by it? I know that they are used for timing information in video standard, but what is the use of having them in the output of 3D LUT?
the video timing part is even bigger. i'm not sure if they are present in this part there. for 1080p the send "image" has a size of about 2200x1125 with DMT timing.
a 3D LUT shouldn't be mapping it like this but that's really all i have to say. i brought this up to fhoech and i'm not going to force it on him. this is free software done by people in there free time there is a limited.
so that's it nothing more for me to do this topic is over for me.
Quote:
Should there be any video timing information in madVR output?
i have not written a video renderer but i'm pretty sure there are no timing information that are of any important or most likely any timing information in the image what so ever.

madVR is not the reason for the issue.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote