View Single Post
Old 6th March 2018, 06:24   #5  |  Link
Snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
So I was looking for alternative IRC clients, and I read a lot about several different clients working as Windows application or as web app, but there is one feature neither offers: An offline list of favourite networks and channels. I want to see a list of favourite channels in several IRC networks already before I connect to one of them. Just like in Opera 12. And I do not wish to automatically connect to all of these channels when connecting to a network.
Hexchat offers this via its addon ability. I use it myself and it adds a Bookmarks item to the main menu, that lists channels within server name sub-menus.

The addon is 'bookmarks.py' available here via the main dev's Github repository. Save that file to Hexchat's config\addons directory and restart Hexchat to see it in action (one can also refresh addons while the program is open by going to the Window>Plugins and Scripts settings and clicking 'Reload' while the 'Bookmarks' item is highlighted).

Order of the servers/channels in the menu can be re-arranged arbitrarily as well by opening the addon_python.conf file found in Hexchat's config directory in a text editor and re-ordering the bookmark entries.

Last edited by Snap; 6th March 2018 at 06:26.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote