View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:29   #13  |  Link
InstantAli3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
You've also got a 96Hz monitor.
Most people have 60Hz or 70/75.

Try going just double or or "source mulitplied by 3".
Most movies you watch will be 23.976/24 fps.

On a monitor that's a (near-)multiple of 24, you should see excellent smoothness at either 2x or 3x the interpolation, and probably less frame issues when seeking times.
*(near is for when the source material is 23.976, then it will be near enough to not show drastic difference, as apposed to a 60Hz monitor).

96 (instead of 48/60/72) is a lot of work, even on such a hefty machine. Interpolating to 96 in HD with a 32bit program (Avisynth; it's not been ported to x64 support; MadVR doesn't support x64 either) will have its tolls.
*SVP is not x64. Avisynth is. not SVP.

My monitor can do 60/70/75, so I just used a tool to change it to 71.928 (multiple of 23.976) and set SVP to do double only.
The difference was huge and definitely improved. Going to screen refresh rate is even more smooth and phenominal (and better than going 60 an uneven multiple of 2.5).
Although with my current rig, I have to downsize to 720p if I'm going screen refresh rate.
I probably should have mentioned I use ReClock to correct for 23.976 media and to resample audio to 96000Hz. My settings are adjusted to the highest quality my current level of performance allows. That is to say, I'm bottlenecked by VRAM so CPU and GPU load rarely get above 70%. Yes it's 4x interpolation at 96Hz but just going to 72Hz makes my eyes bleed. I can never go back.

That being said I'm positive it's an issue that can be resolved in the code and not settings. I'm 100% noob in all things code and AviSynth script. In fact the only "scrypt" I know of is concerning mining as you can see by my spelling. (I keep typing it that way without thinking about it)!
InstantAli3n is offline   Reply With Quote