View Single Post
Old 31st May 2011, 18:30   #279  |  Link
Raen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Obviously the first time a folder is accessed there is a delay, because the folder has to be scanned.

If you access the folder again, the info is already in the cache...
That was my thought, but when comparing to v3.18, it is very slow.
When browsing through folders in v3.18, they open instantly, there is no waiting time.

This delay, is it something related to Qt?

Quote:
Actually the format should be "<Artist> - <Album>.m3u", but only if both, the album artist and the album name, are known.

Are you sure you entered this info on the "Meta Data" tab?
Yes, still LameXP v4.xx is outputting the playlists with "<Album>.m3u" format, the "<Artist> - " part in the filename is missing. Something must be broken along the way.

Only rarely I do not enter an Artist into the "Meta Data" tab, and every time I use LameXP v4 I've to add "<Artist> - " into the M3U filename manually after converting, so I'm sure of this.

Quote:
LameXP v4.xx offers full Unicode support. Playlists are exported in the UTF-8 format. Probably the extension should be .m3u8 though...
Yes, that's correct. I did a test and converted a track with special characters in the filename and generated a .m3u playlist.
Then tried to run the playlist file and nothing, so I renamed the extension to .m3u8 and it went nicely, recognizing and playing the track.

You should fix this playlist extension problem then

Quote:
The "genre" field on the "Meta Data" tab is editable, isn't it?

The available genres are pre-defined. I simply used the ones that are supported by LAME. I think these are the ones defined by ID3.
Yes, it is editable, I meant it more like "writable", just like "Artist" and "Album" meta fields where you can type on them, you are not forced to choose between some pre-defined values or leave it empty.

I use a workaround for this: edit the source files' genre outside of LameXP, and then leave it blank ("unspecified") on LameXP's "Meta Data" tab, it copies the source file's info when converting.

It's just that some genres like "Doom Metal", "Grindcore", etc are not present in the pre-defined list and if one could type them in the field, that would be great.
It was always a thing that bothered me, even in the older releases before v4.xx.

Quote:
Renaming the input files is not currently planned. Would require quite some changes - maybe in a later version
When you say "Renaming the input files", you are saying "naming output files", right? That was the idea.

Last edited by Raen; 31st May 2011 at 18:35.
Raen is offline   Reply With Quote