View Single Post
Old 11th January 2016, 10:48   #788  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The decoding of the original video streams and the 3D-planes can be made easily with BD3D2MK3D (with FRIMSource or DGMVCSource). The conversion of the subtitles to 3D is also automatically made by BD3D2MK3D after the demux operation. The final avisynth script can also hardcode the 3D subtitles (with the SupTitle plugin). However, currently, the output is either Full or Half SBS or T&B, or Full Frame-interleaved. I suppose that the frame-interleaved output is close to what DarkCinema wants to do, but currently the two views are encoded in AVC with x264.

DarkCinema wants a MKV with AVC and MVC streams. I suppose that computing the AVC and MVC streams with FRIMEncode (instead of a single interleaved AVC stream with x264) is possible. Can you confirm that FRIMEncode will accept the AVS script (with alternate frames for the left and right views) ? And do you know if that streams will be ready to be muxed with MkvMerge ? I don't know if they are compatible with the MKV container, or if only TS or M2TS is supported.

MakeMKV can create 3D-MKVs with AVC+MVC streams, but afaik it's a non-standard format, not officially supported by Matroska, and I don't know if MkvMerge is as tolerant. MakeMKV requires a 3D-BD as input, not AVC and MVC streams, and therefore DarkCinema can't use it.

Personally, I'm not really interested in adding the possibility to encode to MVC MKV in BD3D2MK3D, but if it's easy enough, I may do it.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote