Thread: Diving video
View Single Post
Old 18th June 2018, 01:57   #88  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
The original question was a hopefully automatic way to recover red missing video files with AVISYNTH
By way of closure on my part - here's a go at correcting your sample video manually with AVISynth using only Channel Mixer for the color balancing.

I deliberated whether to apply the levels/contrast adjustments in RGB space or after conversion back to YV12. I opted for RGB using RGBAdapt which offers centre-relative contrast.

Code:
DGSource("{Path}\2018_0525_135958_020.dgi",fieldop=0)
#Denoise:
SMDegrain(tr=1, thSAD=400, truemotion=false, contrasharp=true)
ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec709", interlaced=false)
#Correct color balance:
ChannelMixer(RR=97.5, RG=129.2, RB=-21.5, 
\                   GR=23.0, GG=102.0, GB=0.0,
\                   BR=113.0, BG=-13.8, BB=82.0)
#Levels & contrast adjustment:
RGBADapt(R_Cont=1.1,G_Cont=1.1,B_Cont=1.1,
\       R_Bias=15.0,G_Bias=15.0,B_Bias=15.0,
\       R_Gain=1.1,G_Gain=1.1,B_Gain=1.1)
ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec709")
#Sharpen with filter of choice:
LSFMod(smode=3,strength=200)

I don't think I can bring anything else to the table in this context, other than more examples of the same.
Cheers.

Edit: BTW, in that correction I did with Resolve I used a qualifier to treat some vibrant magenta that was coming through on the edges of the anemone and diver outline also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post

Edit: Noticed feint magenta tinge to the blues after posting. This one, a bit less:

….opted for reconstructing the red channel (as best) with the RGB Channel mixer. Then just one qualifier to deal with some vibrant magenta coloration on the tips/edges of the anemone tentacles that stood out....
Realized subsequently that that can be treated with a little positive shift in the G-R sub-channel.

Last edited by WorBry; 19th June 2018 at 16:03.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote