View Single Post
Old 4th April 2021, 02:30   #2  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602x1023 View Post
In VirtualDub, I can select and delete a section of video. I can select, cut and append a section of video to the end of the same video. But what I am trying to do is to cut a short section out of a video and insert that clip into a separate video, call it Video #2.

Such a task would be a routine matter if done in my Premier Elements editing program, but I would like to effect this task in VirtualDub so that my VHS-to-VirtualDub-captured AVI will be the complete starting video file to then be loaded into my editing program for further editing. (Thus perhaps avoiding and additional re-encoding and/or having to retain both capture files.)

In VirtualDub, can one cut a section of video from video file #1 and insert it into video file #2? Might the VirtualDub “Export” / “Import” function come into play here?

Thank you.
Are they the same characteristics (same dimensions, same audio channels, sampling rate etc...) ?

Another way is to join file #1 and file #2 in the same vdub instance, then edit them (cut, paste, delete whatever sections)

eg.
file=>edit append avi segmeent
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote