View Single Post
Old 15th July 2019, 17:24   #56846  |  Link
hannes69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I didn't say Windows 8.1 was a HTPC OS in the sense that you're trying to imply.
-> "I thought Windows 8.1 was the preferred HTPC OS for madVR."
Ok. You 'thought' something. And 'preferred'. Iīm thinking many things too. And I know, some people (including madshi) prefer Windows 8 / 8.1. I prefer Windows 10. Like I said - preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
You've posted a lot and still haven't provided any actual video playback features that are missing with Windows 8.1 from madVR's capabilities that need Windows 10. So, there aren't any?
In my opinion you can use Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 for a HTPC. I never used Windows 8, but 7 and 10. And I always could use all madVR features that I wanted to use.
I donīt think that something is missing in Windows 8.1 and I never claimed something like that.
In my personal setup I came across problems with Windows 10 1903. If I want to eliminate those problems at this moment, I can simply revert to Windows 10 1809, I personally donīt have to revert to Windows 8.1.
In my setup I donīt have any problems with Windows 10 1809, so I can say that Windows 10 1809 is a working OS for my setup.
So for me I canīt say that 8.1 is something preferred or 'better' than 10 because what is better than having no problems?
Itīs the same matter like many people stick to a GPU driver that they experience as working/flawless for them. My fault was that I didnīt stick with 1809. That has nothing to do with a general 8 vs. 10 debate.
So now Iīve posted a lot again and 'provided' my opinion. I can definitely live with your opinion (why not) maybe you can live with mine
hannes69 is offline   Reply With Quote