Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2016, 17:18   #35  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

It's a long time since I installed Vdub, If I remember correctly, the VirtualDub.exe IS THE INSTALLER, and extracts
other stuff from inside itself. (I for years just copy a folder for ALL non-install programs, I can do a
new OS setup and copy my NON-INSTALL folder to C:\ and copy the shortcuts folder into Start Menu\Programs\NON-INSTALL\
so can install all my non-install programs [at least 100], with minimum effort, and hotkeys installed too).

Did registry search on "www.virtualdub-fr.org", and found this (only place in entire registry, except the copy of Current User)
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\

C:\NON-INSTALL\VDUB\VDUB_MOD\VirtualDubMod     REG_SZ    www.virtualdub-fr.org
EDIT: Both copies of VD original and your version are there too with their directories (but same name VirtualDub),
so somewhere in VD source there is a string "VirtualDub" that is installed to that location.

I'll see if I can find the "www.virtualdub-fr.org" in vdmod source.

EDIT: Here all places in vdmod source that have that string ("www.virtualdub-fr.org").
Code:
Setup.rc
Changes.txt
VirtualDub.rc
Init.cpp
projectui.cpp
credits_mod.h
Changes_MOD.txt
EDIT: OK, got it sorted, using below "
Install_VDUB_ShellNoRoam.reg"
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache]
"C:\\NON-INSTALL\\VDUB\\VDUB_MOD\\VirtualDubMod.exe"="www.virtualdub-fr.org"
"C:\\NON-INSTALL\\VDUB\\VDUB_PLAIN\\VirtualDub.exe"="VirtualDub"
"C:\\NON-INSTALL\\VDUB\\VDUB_DEEP\\VirtualDubDEEP.exe"="VirtualDubDEEP"
So I can install and use now without too much of a problem.

EDIT: Obviously the path to the executables above is for my system only (ie, "C:\\NON-INSTALL\\VDUB\\VDUB_MOD\\" etc)
Above double slashes are totally necessary for the .reg file (real path are only single backslash).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 29th June 2016 at 02:50.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote