View Single Post
Old 19th March 2020, 09:59   #838  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
You probably need a 64-bit version of MPC-HC
I have both 32-bit and 64-bit portable versions installed. How SE recognizes that MPC-HC is (not) installed?

Quote:
'9' is recognized as '0'... Double click on the line in the list view, and use "Add better match".
That's what I've already done but isn't it an everyone's issue?

Quote:
that's what profiles were made for.
Profile on General tab? I don't see how to add a new one there. Also, changes seem to be written to the current profile without asking. For example I've changed 'Single line max. length' and the new value has been saved to 'Default' profile immediately.

Quote:
Regular expressions are already supported - see the english ocr fix replace list.
I don't see any regexps there (Words lists - OCR fix lists). Also, I mean support for manually applying regexps, not without asking.

Remove text for hearing impaired issues:
  1. It doesn't remove commas: "I am, uh, late" -> "I am, late". It is clear that it may be necessary commas but to leave them all - without the possibility to edit text right there - isn't a good decision, too.
  2. It's hard to identify a caption that needs to be edited after using this tool: only caption numbers are showed but the numeration will be changed due to the deletion of captions. So the only way is to write down a portion of the target caption text and then search it. Displaying of time codes (or/and log of applied fixes available after quitting the tool) would be great.

Now in List view Start time and Duration are displayed and available for editing. In some cases, editing of End time is preferable. Can you please add such a possibility?

The biggest trouble for me is though non-customizable hard-coded rules applying. To prevent making first letters uppercase I'm forced to perform a global replace with a regexp before Fix common errors and another global replace after.

Magically yours
Raistlin

Last edited by GCRaistlin; 19th March 2020 at 20:19.
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote