View Single Post
Old 16th September 2019, 04:01   #57404  |  Link
SamuriHL

I finally had to break down and setup profiles. That was a long time coming but now that I've got my RTX 2070 and TV shows are starting to come back, I'll be using madvr to upscale my TiVo recordings. XFinity is not exactly known for their high quality. LOL So things like Walking Dead 720p 3mbps need a fair bit of assistance compared to upscaling a nice 1080p blu-ray (man you should see Revenge of the Sith upscaled on my C8! Very High NGU sharp for luma and high NGU AA for chroma WOA!). But, it also takes quite a bit more processing power to upscale at 60fps than it does at 23.976, especially when going from 720->2160. It's a "bit of a jump" as it were. I'm not able to get to Very High on luma upscaling NGU sharp. I can do High as long as I set chroma down to medium NGU AA. I suspect a 2080ti wouldn't have much issue. Such is life. I knew the 2070 would be a compromise when I bought it but I have no regrets. madvr handles the upscaling very well and cleans that picture up nicely. Bring on my shows.