View Single Post
Old 25th February 2015, 22:41   #753  |  Link
Eamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
And I have to ask. Considering you already use XySubFilter, are you sure require hardsub (encode subtitles into the video, no subtitle filter required for playback) of your typesetting instead of softsub (mux into an mkv or external script, real-time subtitle filter playback)? Generally speaking, you should only hardsub something as a last resort since it hurts video compression. What exactly is your intended end goal and use-case?
Well, I generally just mux standard subtitles. But for signs and other styled typesetting, I hardsub it because the native video is usually 720p so when I zoom fullscreen on a 1080p resolution, the hardcoded subs will stretch/blur similar to the video itself. If it was softsubbed, the styled subs would still look clear and therefore "unnatural." The purpose of the styled subs is to translate the original signs and naturally embed them into the video as if it was native.

Quote:
VSFilterMod is intended for hardsubbing only and contains extra tags and functionality at the expense of compatibility. If you are an advanced user who has already hit the limit of what is easily possible standard VSFilter, it may be easier to create some extremely complex typesetting or karaoke effects. Scripts authored by VSFilterMod are not intended for playback or distribution as external or softsubbed scripts. VSFilterMod is not your only option in this hardsub only, advanced effect, category. There are also things like SSBRenderer which have started to define their own typesetting subtitle format, not even using ass scripts as a base.
Thanks for the explanation. Really appreciate how you spent time explaining it.

Quote:
xy-VSFilter is general purpose, and maintains a generally static feature set and tag behavior matching legacy VSFilter 2.39 (last official version released by original author Gabest, with behavior generally considered to define the .ass spec itself) with broad compatibility and interoperability in mind. It is intended for authoring, playback, softsubbing, hardsubbing, as well as external script distribution. The primary goal of xy-VSFilter specifically, is playback performance of complex typesetting and karaoke. xy-VSFilter also happens to be the default subtitle renderer for script authoring in Aegisub, and should generally be compatible for playback with MPC-HC VSFilter and Libass as well.
So I tried using xy-VSFilter to hardcode the subs this time. I couldn't get the avs script to load in Hybrid. I got the following message:
"Didn't find a 'frame rate' info node! -> Stream will be ignored"

I'm assuming it means I'm supposed to specify a framerate number somewhere in the avs script. But I hardly know how to use avs. This is how my current script (which I based on from somewhere on the net) looks like:
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\User\Desktop\encoding\MeGUI_2418_x86\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("C:\Users\User\Desktop\project\VID.mkv", threads=1)
#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\User\Desktop\encoding\MeGUI_2418_x86\tools\avisynth_plugin\VSFilter.dll")
TextSubMod("C:\Users\User\Desktop\project\Hardcoding.ass", 1)
The VSFilter.dll is the xy-VSFilter. And the ffms2.dll is ffmpegsource latest dll (June 2014 I believe). Normally, once the avs script is loaded, I get the mediainfo encoding settings of the source video, convert it into x264 CLI command, copy and past it into Hybrid and apply. Then run the job, and it works. But I can't even begin any of that because Hybrid ignores it all due to some 'frame rate' info node problem. Any ideas?
Eamon is offline   Reply With Quote