View Single Post
Old 20th July 2018, 11:09   #51772  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
For the first ~5 seconds, the video renderer stays black, but the clip in general plays as you can hear from the dubbed audio, and the player window around the renderer rectangle (menu, controls, window border) is visible too; after the initial blackness, the video is visible, even if you stop and jump back to the beginning. So it just seems to have an initialization delay per clip, after opening the file, for the first playback start.

And yes, Aero Glass is disabled, I have an Aero Basic design (due to a few ancient applications which would force a switch to Aero Basic each time they start).
I use KODI DS and MPC-BE and have very similar issues, however when in KODI ds, if I choose to play the same video via the internal player is starts straight away.

I've asked this myself before and was told it was fairly normal, MADVR is just starting up essentially, it may have to switch pixel/res and engage, take a few seconds. Yeah it can be a bit annoying if you are resuming a video but I've just got used to it and it no longer bothers me.

I'm also using D3D11 , FSE and windowed mode in KODI DS, it also does it in MPC-BE though so its nothing to do with that.

MADSHI could look at this i'm sure but with all the other issues that need sorting I can understand why its a low priority.

! remember though, nobody is paying MADSHI for this MADVR loveliness beyond donations so lets try and keep everything civil, however i've also been guilty of being frustrated and a bit offhand in the past and have had to be reminded of this myself.

Have you logged it as a bug?

http://bugs.madshi.net/view_all_bug_page.php
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote