View Single Post
Old 1st March 2018, 19:53   #17  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
So just to recap, when I play the DVD in my computer using MPC-HC, there is no problem. But when I rip it using Handbrake using H.264 codec in a MP4 container, I get video lines wherever there is motion. They don't occur across the entire screen. I'd like to rip them and archive them without loosing any quality but be playable using an "average office PC or Mac."

Thanks

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...95894408675023

Attachment
The video is interlaced, 720x480, 29.97 fps or 59.94 fields per second.

Quote:
... when I play the DVD in my computer using MPC-HC, there is no problem....
Because MPC-HC apparently kicks its deinterlacer or bobber in, and you see it on the monitor as progressive video without the combing artefacts.

Quote:
... But when I rip it using Handbrake using H.264 codec in a MP4 container, I get video lines wherever there is motion ....
I am not familiar with Handbrake, but I suspect that Handbrake encodes the video as interlaced, and for some reason the player does not recognize it as interlaced and plays it without deinterlacing - hence you see the combes on the PC monitor.
Try to enable a deinterlacer in Handbrake, or force the deinterlacer (or bobber) in MPC-HC so the video gets deinterlaced during playback.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote