View Single Post
Old 1st February 2019, 21:17   #16647  |  Link
forkicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
May have found a bug, I've only been able to repro it 2x although I'm nervous I may have accidentally triggered it far more often. Scenario is that I'm converting many TV shows one after another. Occasionally I will have batch added a series of shows and decide I need to add others and prioritize them higher than existing jobs. So I batch add those and slide them to the top to be processed ahead of the previously added batches. On at LEAST two occasions upon doing this I've reviewed the results and found a show with a different show's soundtrack muxxed in. Unfortunately finding these screwed up episodes is going to be nearly impossible considering the volume I'm working with I'm not sure this error is consistent, I sure hope not, but if I can reproduce it I will save the job files. I'm on v1.24.0 right now...
I can confirm this. In my case, i narrowed it down to a couple of files that i was trying to convert from avc to 265. The extraction phase could not get the video file from it, and would (wrongly) use the video265 file that was leftover on the Temp folder from the previous conversion, resulting in a file with the correct output name, wrong video track and correct audio track. Also, ripbot showed no error.

In my view, this could be fixed in one of two ways:
1 (and best): before every new file, clear all existing items in the temp folder. This way it would fail and detect the fail because no previous file would exist that could be reused

2: Try to detect when video track extraction fails better. No idea what was causing it to fail in the first place, the file read perfectly fine, no errors, no sync problems, nothing reported wrong at all by other programs (mkvtoolnix, for example).

This is a really big problem because i also run several dozen file batches per day, and now i can't be sure if my previous conversions are right or not. This is silent data corruption at its worst, and in my case, i caught it completely by chance. I'm running the latest version (could not find any updates just now).

Thank your for your time,
fK
forkicks is offline   Reply With Quote