Thread: Audio sync help
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2017, 17:17   #25  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Basically I do agree, but there are some misconceptions about DSS2Mod here...

DSS2Mod is DirectShow based. It will always convert VFR to CFR, i.e. "convertfps=true" is not needed. It will NOT index the source, but there is a "preroll" parameter which is extremely useful for difficult sources (default is 0, a value of 15 works well for most sources, and it should be raised to 100 or even higher for difficult sources). In my experience it works best when LAV Filters are used as the DirectShow source filters.

The problem with DSS2Mod, is it often drops one or two frames on some sources (usually at the end) , sometimes green frame at the beginning , regardless of preroll. This is repeatable behaviour.

I've literally done thousands (closer to tens of thousands) of tests on several different setups from different sources - capture sources, camera sources, web source - This is a huge sample size. I'm very confident making these claims

And for FFMS2 / lsmash - the conversion usually puts frames in not quite the right spots . You can tell in a NLE when looking at the audio waveform. Directshow is closer to correct. Again tested on thousands of sources
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote