View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:41   #28644  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@ MrVideo

DVD is still in the minds of people before Blu-ray players. I talk with people in stores. People looking for interesting new ideas, products..but as cool as BD resolution is, the prices are still high [to them]. Often I also still hear, "I don't see any difference." "Some kind of fancy Upper scaling or something like that?" So, it's DVD players that are bought...lots and lots where I live. Some people come to my residence and get to see Blu-ray in action, and then I go into some depth with them, displaying DVD vs Blu-ray..since a lot of movies came/come with both. The hype does not exceed the people's understanding in this area. It takes a while for minds to change and venture.

When you're around this stuff a lot, you can alter your awareness that not everyone is keenly into newer tech or willing to spend the money on it. Particular "belief systems" are still dominant around the world, though we know so much more now...and meditation is very helpful to the mind, but that's also...still slow to catch on.

I have friends who also have Blu-ray players but only buy DVDs "For now. Maybe some time I'll get into Blu-ray, but DVDs are still a lot cheaper."