View Single Post
Old 14th January 2010, 04:53   #1117  |  Link
QuadraQ

Very strange

Hi all,

I've been using AVStoDVD to create DVD's of some off-air recordings of some of my favorite shows. The last time I used it was in June, and I'm finally getting around to creating some DVD from my recordings again.

Anyway I upgraded to the latest release 2.2.5 and went about doing what I did before. I use HCenc 023 to create the video files in a DVD compatible format, demux the AC3 audio, and grab the subtitles using CCExtractor.

Once HCenc is done I can usually fit three episodes on one DVD (4.7 GB). The total file size of the three m2v files, ac3 files, and srt files I created is about 3.94 GB leaving plenty of room for AVStoDVD to create motion menu clips, and put it all together. So I did this and had it output to a DVD folder structure which I then burn using Nero.

Here's the problem: The total size of the output folder is 2.16 GB which is smaller than the original files! AVStoDVD appears to have passed through the m2v files since they were already DVD compliant as it should. But for some reason each episode only contains about 21 minutes of video when it should be about double that. Everything (the video, audio, and subtitles) works perfectly for those 21 minutes, but then it just cuts off. It looks like the second VOB file is missing, e.g. "VTS_01_1.VOB" is there, but "VTS_01_2.VOB" is not. Also I notice that at the final step when the muxman progress is displayed, it gets to 50% and then, suddenly jumps to 100% and AVStoDVD tells me the process completed successfully, even though it did not. I'm pretty sure that the problem has to do with this last step.

I'm willing to send you anything you need to help figure this out, but I'm really frustrated here. I never had any problems with AVStoDVD before, and I'm hoping I can get things back up and running. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by QuadraQ; 14th January 2010 at 08:11.
QuadraQ is offline   Reply With Quote