Thread: Diving video
View Single Post
Old 10th June 2018, 08:41   #62  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
Second, brain knows what color should things appear too and I think it makes some channel mixing and white balance inside.
I'm sure you are right. Now if we could just replicate the neural pathways, we'd have a plugin.

Quote:
I keep on thinking that the simplest yet complex task would be to associate depth to color correction, feeding diving log. This could be the first step.
Well I was thinking along those lines by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
That's something that could applied in AVISynth (I think) - a Channel Mixer function (with sub-aqua absorption biases in mind) controlled via layer blend opacities.
I suppose, in theory, one could apply shifts based on putative changes in relative distribution of RGB channel luminance (%) with depth, if such data, however generalized, can be derived or obtained, but like I said, there are so many variables involved that you couldn't expect that it would magically 'auto correct' your footage - at best broad shifts in the 'right' direction, maybe.

Quote:
I will see if there will be some footage worth of posting. Any preferred file hosting?
Like I said, I was only interested in seeing how these correction methods hold up in varied scenarios. Purely that. I hope it won't be taken that this will lead to something. No preferred file host for me, as long as its safe.