View Single Post
Old 24th September 2018, 15:20   #52693  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1982 View Post
Any ideas whats good settings to start testing with on an oled? My TV's SD mode is calibrated to 140 nits. I think I heard about a setting for deactivating the tv's tone mapping. I will search for the solution and will let you know...

@madshi:

If there's a way to deactivate the tv's tonemapping in hdr mode, would it be possible to trigger the tv's hdr mode after madvr has done it's tonemapping? Does madvr does madvr completely convert the hdr signal to a sd colorspace and sends an sdr signal?
Try 400-500 nits.

You can't disable your display's tone mapping. You can disable dynamic tone mapping if it has this feature, but you can't disable the gamma (PQ) curve in the display, which is where the tone mapping occurs. You could calibrate the display with a colorimeter to follow the PQ curve as close as possible. That would be the closest to avoiding any form of tone mapping for pixels that are within the display's brightness capabilities. Even then, the display might change its curve to match the brightness of the content.

Last edited by Warner306; 24th September 2018 at 16:24.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote