View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2018, 06:31   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

OOOOoooo, already some good stuff posted, plenty for me to explore in the morn (well, its 06:28 now so maybe a bit later today).
Thanx guys

Quote:
I still can't believe how badly they broke the basic file search capability that was in Windows since Win 3.0 was introduce in May of 1990.
So its not just me that thinks search is now totally crap
[EDIT: I thought that RaffRiff posted some self written search tool on-site, but maybe was someone else].

EDIT: I'm sure that someone recently posted that Windows 7 was the best ever M$ OS, wonder what he/she/it was smoking.

EDIT: I until recently used the old trusty XOSL boot manager, unfortunately it now fails to work for some reason
(I generalized the W7 install and got rid of the System Partition),
Got it multibooting (with only single OS so far, ie W7 on Partition 2) using Plop! BootManager, would maybe prefer some other
but 1TB boot drive has only 27 sectors per track (rather than eg 63 needed for GAG boot controller).
Got several more boot controllers to try, not looking good so far (I so miss XOSL already, it was lovely).
EDIT: It is important for me that the boot controller be totally independent of any OS, as I like to be able to image
an OS and swap and change whenever I want without any horse poop.

Time for bed said Florence, Boing said Zebedee.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 23rd October 2018 at 08:02.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote