View Single Post
Old 8th November 2020, 11:58   #19  |  Link
Troc

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
1. Your first line is wrong. You don't just state a path like that. You have to use a source filter.
Alrighty, I think it's very clunky that I have to specify both the source path and use some different script just to use a file type. I think it's obvious that if I select a .mp4, I want to use what works best for .mp4. Why would I do something different?

Quote:
2. You need to load all the (non-internal) filters that you use in your script using LoadPlugin(). There is also autoloading as a possibility. But one way or another you have to load your filters.
Why is autoloading not the default? I have a good SSD. The filter filesizes are nothing, I could load a thousand filters in a second. If that was not the case, where am I supposed to put the filter files I downloaded and how am I supposed to load them? It's again really clunky to not load a filter based on how I tell the program that I want to use a specific filter.

When I post stuff about video restoration, people like to tell me that they use Avisynth and how it's better than anything I know. A how to use but when I ask how, they link the wiki. As if I haven't tried to read it without getting anywhere. I want a tool, not an encyclopedia. Is there not a handy GUI for Avisynth with every filter already integrated? If that's possible, why's a newcomer like me either directed to a wiki or given some handwavy "just specify a source filter". If I knew how to do that, I would've done it and wouldn't be asking why it doesn't work.

So, I'm asking thoroughly. Let's say that I choose an Ffmpeg source filter.
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/FFmpegSource

I have to download the DLL and put it somewhere. Then, to start my script, I'll write the following: File path, if I want it cached, write the fps amount, how many threads the CPU encoding will use, the length of the video, how to seek the video, if I want to overwrite index, the video's resolution, resizer if necessary, if it's RGB or YUV, RFF (whatever that is), delay, and set UTF8 if I have a strange filename.

After I do that, I have inputted a singular file to then apply filters to. Then I select a fiter, like http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIsophote
I separately specify all the parameters with the filter and try to export multiple times to see what actually looks good. Or do I have to use an output/export filter as well to make this thing work as it should?

I'm sorry for the extreme levels of salt I have. I'd like to think that I'm a relatively intelligent person with some skills in video editing. Avisynth however is something I do not understand. It's maddening since so many people seem to use it effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
In DGIndex, mark start and end of about 30 second sequence with lots of movement, using
'[' and ']' marker buttons, then
Menu/File/"Save Project & Demux Video",
and post the m2v file ONLY. [SendSpace allows post without account, file deleted 30 days after latest download].
I had never used DGIndex. It seems quite effective, however. Here's the file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/vo9apj
I used MakeMKV to rip the DVD before.
Troc is offline   Reply With Quote