View Single Post
Old 31st December 2018, 04:57   #16516  |  Link
howzz

hi, please excuse me for not reading the entire 820 pages of thread. i've bounced between Handbrake and Ripbot back and forth for the last 10 years. recently looking to come back to Ripbot again due to somewhere i read that Ripbot now supports full front to back H265 HDR UDH 10bit workflow. is that true?

the problem with Handbrake currently is that even though it'll allow you to chose H265 10bit, and it'll take H265 10 bit input, but it still converts it to 8 bit first. so essentially it's still a 8 bit workflow, so missing a lot of the color information. one of their main devs confirmed that the full 10 bit pipeline is still in the works, and likely will not be completely overhauled for a while.

so does Ripbot fully support UHD 10 bit H265 now that it doesn't convert to 8 bit during the conversion? i downloaded the latest version of 1.23.1, and it indeed has the H265 10 bit function, just like Handbrake does, but i just want to confirm with someone, perhaps the dev, that there's no 8 bit process involved in-between if i chose the H265 10 bit option.

thanks

Last edited by howzz; 31st December 2018 at 05:40.
howzz is offline   Reply With Quote