View Single Post
Old 12th September 2019, 01:12   #123  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be carefull with the SEPTEMBER UPDATE for WIndows 7....

Quote:
Simplix's opinion about MSFT lately screwing stuff up with Windows 7 updates:

If I have to be nice, people over at Microsoft are lazy, ass-handed idiots, who are unable to perform even simple tests on their updates. It seems that the testing department either was entirely laid off or hired incompetent people. The August update had a serious UEFI loading issue where the update was completely bricking live systems. Instead of properly fixing the issue, the September update has another problem, which leads to the previous one repeating itself, as the update only applies after reboot, which is exactly what was bricking live systems. On top of that, they didn't properly test KB4516655, which was supposed to replace KB4490628, but without it there will be problems when installing new updates.
With each passing month updates are becoming worse and worse, and this only goes for update installation, it's frightening to think how the updates are actually coded.
If i had read Simplix“s quote before, i hadnt even try to install the September Update.. But, i just couldnt whait... silly me..

I did update my System an hour ago, after installing the updates the system will reboot and apply the Updates.
After reboot the Updates are configured and return: Error configuring updates, rolling back.
The next reboot ends in an lost MBR/MFT and no Windows is found...

I am freaking lucky to be not trusting microsoft and so i make Full system Backups before UPDATING Windows.. So for me it was a matter of 2 klicks and i got my Windows back.. But think of teh People not making Backups.. They are SCREWED!!!!

So, just a Friendly WARNING from me... BACKUP before installing the SEPTEMBER UPDATE....

Best Regards..

Last edited by BetA13; 12th September 2019 at 01:14.
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote