View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:46   #858  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagheera1 View Post
Everything goes fine until menu generation, then the computer freezes. I think I have narrowed it down to the file "Thumb_12_AviSynthT.avs" trim statement that reads trim(0,0). All of the other BMP files are 28k, Thumb_12.bmp is 1.7MB
This is the code section to compute thumb frame for static menu:
Code:
CLng(Val(.ThumbFramePos) / 100 * Title(jj).TimeTrimmed * Val(Title(jj).InputMediaInfo.VideoFPS))
As you can read, there are 3 variables:
1. ThumbFramePos -> it is defined in the DVD Menu Wizard, 'Option' tab.
2. Title(jj).TimeTrimmed -> the time length (trimmed, if you did) of your input file. If the time (read by MediaInfo) is 0, then the error you reported can happen.
3. Title(jj).InputMediaInfo.VideoFPS -> your input file framerate. If the framerate (read by MediaInfo) is null or 0, then the error you reported can happen.

Please do the troubleshooting by yourself and report back what you find. Maybe I need to add some workarounds to take care of fps/time null readings.

Quote:
How does AVStoDVD Pick its frame for the static menu, and can it be tweaked?
My previous answer should cover also this question

Quote:
Is there a way to adjust the bitrate of the menus?
Not right now. Menu bitrate is hardcoded (6000 kbps for video and 192 kbps for audio). But you are not the first guy asking me to customize it, so I will think about it...

Quote:
One more thing, I have been using Quenc because HcEnc seems to yield random "process aborted" dialogues. Is this common? I havn't tried to diagnose the problem, nor did I do any searches.
When you get any errors, please post the log file. It is the best way to diagnose the problem and (for you) to understand how AVStoDVD works.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote