View Single Post
Old 7th February 2014, 22:31   #6  |  Link
rik1138

Well, if all you want is a BD-Live 'thing' of some kind, you can still do all the menus in HDMV like you normally would. You would just have one button somewhere that launches the Java title with the code for whatever BD-Live functionality you want. (Of course, you can do all of the menus in Java as well.)

We have, in the past, had a third-party Java vendor write an application for a BD-Live utility, and we just programmed all the menus HDMV. They then delivered the finished Java code/BDJO, and we just dropped them into Scenarist.

As for actually programming anything in Java, I can't help much. The only Java work I've done has used a third-party Blu-ray Java programming tool (The one I've used is called Kaleidoscope from a company called Sofatronic, but I don't think they are in business anymore). DoStudio can also do Java applications, but I've never used it (the major movie studios hadn't approved it for use on their discs, so we never tried it...)

Keep in mind, for BD-Live you (or your client) also has to maintain a server somewhere on the internet for the disc to access... Some of the studios have already given up a lot of their BD-Live features as the cost vs return just wasn't worth it...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote