View Single Post
Old 1st February 2019, 18:08   #54545  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
All of the current gen OLEDs from LG, Sony, Panasonic and Phillips apply dynamic tone mapping to HDR10 content. They are all using the same panels and are starting to look more and more identical with each passing year as they copy each other. As stated, Samsung is supposedly adding dynamic tone mapping to its QLEDs this year.

This would have been a good time for JVC to get into dynamic tone mapping because projectors do the most tone mapping of any current displays. They probably shouldn't have put it off for another possible generation when the technology is already available.
Dynamic tonemapping is old school, that's what we were doing last year

I asked for dynamic tonemapping *and* dynamic targets with HDR10 (what you can currently achieve with MadVR's test build and Soulnight's utility). AFAIK no display currently does this.

JVC offers the best OEM tonemapping on projectors currently with their new models. That covers basic needs that work out of the box in most situations.

Those who want better results have a few options, namely MadVR and Lumagen.

I don't think projectors will ever keep up with these, so I'm not expecting anything special from any display manufacturer.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K

Last edited by Manni; 2nd February 2019 at 00:07.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote