View Single Post
Old 29th September 2020, 18:28   #3335  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hi manolito, thanks again for the valuable inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
A very very small correction to the German language file:

Just cosmetic, brings it more in line with other translated lines.
Good, a final build should address cosmetic issue as well

Quote:
I noticed that you overhauled the menu highlight colors. Also no problems, the only thing is for folks who overinstall the new build over an older build will have to reselect the hightlight colors to get the colors they want.
You are right, but it was a necessary change, there was a bug in HL colors management. I can add to the History.txt change log section a note to do a complete uninstall before installing 2.8.9.

Quote:
There were reports by Win10 users that the preview did not work for them. I cannot reproduce this.
I'm aware of this limitation with Win10. Unfortunately I have not found yet a more recent alternative to quartz.dll library. Still searching.

Quote:
Another Win10 related issue seems to be that Win10 updates can sometimes reset the preferred DS filters to the original MS DMO filters.
True, something definitively out of my control. BTW there is already a warning message if a AVC/AAC file is added and if MS filters are the default filters. Hope it is enough to remind users to switch to LAVs.

Quote:
Right now there are already issues with multichannel audio. There are many different 8-ch audio formats, and MediaInfo reports very different output for the number of channels. Sometimes A2D interprets such MediaInfo output as 0 channels. The workaround is to play the source file with a DS based player and check the LAV audio status tab which reports the number of channels which LAV sees. Then the user can manually change the number of audio input channels in A2D.
Likely the routine I use to detect AviSynth script properties could come in handy as "backup plan" when Mediainfo 18.05 is messing with audio channels. I will give it a try. Could slow down the file properties reading section.

Quote:
When A2DSource is selected then the AviSynthP.avs script loads A2DSource.avsi from the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder. But AviSynthP.avs is called while the active folder is "C:\Windows". This means that A2DSource.avsi is not executed correctly, so the external player will either not work at all, or there will be no audio. Including the Lib folder in the Path does not fix it.
Truly, I cannot reproduce the issue: I have tried with WMPlayer and Tiny Player as external player and the script is rendered properly, both video and audio. The script (AviSynthP.avs, stored in the Temp folder) is exactly the script used during A2D conversion processes, with a simple resizing command at the end to output the correct AR. If the preview is failing, the conversion should fail as well...
Or, maybe, I did not get the issue.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote