View Single Post
Old 14th August 2018, 09:17   #55  |  Link
jpsdr

Scale seems to provide "appropriate" results with a coeff between 35 - 40. On the other side, as i've said, it was just "out of curiosity" to see what a simple scalar can do on XYZ colorspace, i never expect great result from it. If it was so simple, it would have been done a long time ago

About detail loss, out of curiosity : Does it change if you use OutputMode=2 on the first ConvertYUVtoXYZ (or similar) ?

I'll take a look on Hable just in case, can you provide the exact script ? But, the 3 tonemap are all "indetical". I mean, the code is just a copy/paste on all 3, just the formula on the lookup table creation on the constructor changes.

I'll integrate it on the "all" plugins package version.

After, i don't know what you're seeking with, but i've noticed that according the tool used, there is 2 working ways :
- Constructor is run only once, and when seeking, only getframe is called (this is what you have in Virtualdub).
- Constructor/destructor is called each time a new frame is required. As filter has a "long" setup time (creating lookups), if you freneticaly seek, it's not impossible that you hit a "time out" issue, requesting 5 frames when the 1rst is still not out. This is how tools like avspmod seems to work. My guess is that you are in this case.

Otherwise, thanks for your post.

Now, i'll slowly work on my original idea, and the real "why" i've created these tools : Try a neural network approch on HDR to SDR. No idea if it will even work, but without trying, who knows...
To bad tritical is not here anymore, i would have asked some question about neural network. I've made my neural network class, i think i have the learning retropropagation algorithm correct, but i need convergence tweaking and feedback from neural networl expert. Well, i'll see later.

Last edited by jpsdr; 14th August 2018 at 09:41.
jpsdr is offline   Reply With Quote