View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:52   #19  |  Link
h3nry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_hell View Post
Just download MX player and use it's Software decoder (yes it can decode even 10bit profiles and they are much better for bitrate/quality). What is the problem with profiles if the player doesn't check it and there is no hardware restriction?
yeah,I'am already using mxplayer since the day I bought my phone.true,the player can play all levels,profiles,formats.using s/w 16bit decoder for upto 720p,videos may plays smoothly.but it's like turning off the bravia engine.the color decoding is worse.it looks like the colors are washed out.setting s/w 32bit decoder improves color,but going above sd videos greatly slows down the video playback,while the audio plays at normal speed.changing to h/w decoder is same as s/w 32 bit.then there is the h/w+ decoder from v1.7.7 onwards.it plays upto 720p with enough colors.but any more than level 3.2 the decoder automatically falls back to s/w 16bit,still slower video playback.I also tried 720p with 6 reframes.the default player plays videos upto level 3.2 with awesome colors.so you see there is no reason for me to use mxplayer than my default player.I use mx player for other than mp4 format playback.

Quote:
It can cause problems only with refs since device memory is limited but most clips don't use alot. You can set --level 5.2 on 200x200 video with 1ref if you want but profile doesn't mean "more decoding power required" it is just limitation for hardware playback.
may be.but I have to use maximum reframes it can afford cause my phone's only got 4gb user accessible memory.and I have to use all the x264 settings that reduces the size.

Quote:
Youtube clips quality is very low and it is not good for a source
true!may be because streaming videos uses lot of I frames.

Last edited by Guest; 3rd January 2013 at 14:17. Reason: rule 6
h3nry is offline   Reply With Quote