View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:41   #4  |  Link
Cyberpro60

I followed your suggestion roozhou and tried to mux with FFMPEG but had no luck whatsoever.

I have to admit that I find FFMPEG almost impossible to use and I have to tell you that I spent quite a few days at it after reading through all the documentation and online help guides ... all to no avail!

I managed to get FFMPEG to encode/mux H264 video from an MPEG original but had no success at all in trying to mux existing H264 & AAC files together.

FMPEG failed every time. I got a bunch of error messages most of which were unintelligible and the muxing process crashed well before conclusion with the resulting video file not playable (gibberish?)

What I can report is that if I create an MP4 file that contains only the H264 video component (no aac) then I can seek from one end of the file to the other without any problems.

When I mux in the video and aac audio component then the original problem I reported resurfaces. I conclude therefore that this strange inability to seek is somehow caused by some inconsistency in the AAC file. What this may be I have no idea.

There has to be some reason why you can seek through some MP4 files but not others and I am surprised that there hasn't been more input on this question!
Cyberpro60 is offline   Reply With Quote