View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:45   #15  |  Link
kypec
User of free A/V tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomes View Post
Why do you choose abr and not tvbr, whats the difference? As I understand, --tvbr 82 would bring same results, no?
I want to have predictable size, especially when encoding entire TV show season for instance. Audio quality on my equipment (standard TV set built-in speakers) is sufficient for me at these AAC bitrates.
Quote:
Is the option -normalize for adjusting the volume? If yes, any normalization I know costs quality. Is that not right?
Normalized volume doesn't hurt overall quality in my opinion. On the other hand, it helps me and my family members to avoid unnecessary adjustments of the sound volume after we switch from one movie to another, to sitcom episode or to kids' cartoon throughout the day.
Quote:
What settings do you use for AC3 640kbps, TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD?
- As I am planning to get a 5.1 system in near future I would not get down to 2.0. Would you recommend other settings for AC3 384kbps 5.1 -> AAC 5.1?
For 5.1 audio I use 320kbps vbr AAC. I don't have 5.1 sound system (yet) but I doubt that I would notice any quality loss with my ears. I care more for visual quality than for audio in my BD & DVD rips. Reducing DTS-HD MA to multichannel AAC can save few gigabytes on every movie for me while not hearing any audible degradation on my current (stereo only) speakers.
kypec is offline   Reply With Quote