View Single Post
Old 15th July 2007, 21:51   #51  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
.... HCenc Pulldown is not needed when going from 25 to 29.97 fps. Is audio out of sync?

Bye
Nope all is fine. I'm try to increase my knowledge/skills and I always see folks going on and on about using Pulldown to get to 29.97fps NTSC rather than ChangeFPS(29.97). On other forums they always rant against apps like Nero because pulldown is not used when going to NTSC. With AVI2DVD a separate Pulldown phase is always used. I prefer your app though (I'm converting XviD 25fps music videos) because I can alter the script and the bitrate and end up with muxed MPEG2, which is all I need. I realize that I can delete ChangeFPS(29.97) from the script and choose Demuxed MPEG streams, run DGPulldown then mux with TMPGenc, but that's a pain.

I asked about pulldown for 25fps sources on another forum and got this response from jdobbs:

Quote:
Encode it at 25fps, then use Neuron2's DGPulldown against the output. Up until he wrote that code, I'm not sure anyone else had given much thought to converting that way. It also makes sure your audio stays in sync.
I do like your app alot and realize that the 25fps pulldown thing is an HCenc issue. Unfortunately the pulldown thing still confuses me.

Thanks for the reply and the app.
MysticE is offline   Reply With Quote