View Single Post
Old 18th December 2018, 13:56   #16483  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
The problem with you is that you do not see difference between simple remuxing (copying streams from one container to another) and re-encoding! (processing frames and encoding to reduce file size). You also do not understand simple things like why encoding 3840x2160 frames take 4 times more time to process/encode than 1920x1080. Next. You also use x265 which uses a lot more complex algorithms in order to increase compression efficiency than x264. If MKVToolnix offers so amazing "compression and speed" then what are you even doing here? Seriously! Your "frustration" comes mainly from lack of knowledge in this particular topic.
One last comment/reply...

I have helped you with a lot of problem solving with your program, over the past couple of years, to help get it better, and I'm happy that I was able to help.

I have told you many times that this IS way over my head, and sometimes you expect "us" to be able to read your mind, when it comes to feedback of problems, and where & what to look for.

I have had NO IT training at all.

Having said that, in my experience, RB does an awesome job with anything up and including 1080, x264.

And it's probably clearly the fastest x265 encoder around, mainly due to the DE function.

My suggestions of building a simple remuxing tool, that also offers some filtering, denoising, & DE, would be very welcome, as most 4K movies probably don't require encoding, and I'm not too interested in reducing file size.

So there's an opportunity for you to create another great program.

You're right, I probably shouldn't be here, so I will disappear.

I won't stop using RB.
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote