View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:03   #7543  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Please don't take my comments wrong, I'm not trying to come across as a "know-it-all" or bully -- but I just keep running into the same issues over-and-over and it gets frustrating after a while.
I know, and I'm sorry for the extra hassle. Believe it or not, but I was only trying to help, in an ass-backwards way.

Quote:
I've decided not to remove "tweak" (yet) -- I'm just going to have to add some more commands to the "restricted" list now that the new version is out so I can prevent unintentional changes that could result in non-compliant streams.
In related news, I've now played the disc in two Samsungs, two Panasonics, three Philipses, a PS3 and a PCH C-200; it worked perfectly in all of them. A couple of the players are really old, too. Sure, it's not rock-solid proof that the disc content is 100% compliant, but surely it can't be way off either?

Quote:
One other note: You can't just add "bt709" via the "tweak" command -- because you may also have 720x480/576 on a blu-ray and they use rec.601.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. This was a one-off test, and I knew I would be encoding Main Movie only, so bt709 was fine for that.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote