View Single Post
Old 27th March 2016, 12:01   #201  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

New version 1.7.0 is out, fixing the issue with the mkvinfo gui popup with the new MKVToolNix version v9.0.0, and adding an option for not showing the success popup messagebox.

Download link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmk....0.7z/download

Changelog:
  • Add support for the new --no-gui parameter of mkvinfo for MKVToolNix v9.0.0 and newer, without breaking compatibility with older MKVToolnix versions
  • Add option to not show the success popup messagebox
  • Add setting for showing or not the success popup messagebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire
It's not just that it's a pop-up (as a matter of fact, I get two pop-ups), it adds a huge delay to opening a file with gMKVExtractGUI. I have to wait a while for the first mkvinfo to do its work, then I close it, another mkvinfo window pop ups which then takes a while analysing my file...
This is an issue because of a change in MKVToolNix's v9.0.0 default behavior for mkvinfo. It's fixed in new version (v1.7.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion
Second this, needing to close a popup every time is becoming a bit irritating. It is a common GUI design guideline that informational messages should go into a status bar in an unobtrusive way. Only errors should invoke a modal dialog box to specifically attract user's attention to the fact that his intent was not accomplished and he must take some further actions.
I couldn't disagree more with this. In fact I get really frustrated when applications use this design, since most of the time I don't sit in front of the application's status bar, waiting for it to get to 100%, but I do other stuff, expecting a signal from the app that the process is finished.
However, since it wasn't difficult to implement, I added an option for changing the default behavior in the new version (v1.7.0), so I am waiting for feedback!

Enjoy people!
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote