View Single Post
Old 28th December 2017, 01:13   #26854  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Yes, I saw some of that as well. You aren't going to be able to fix that, as it looks like issues with the original encoding. This is one of those that use pulldown flags. But, it seems that the 23.976 video that is on the disc has issues. When I run it through VideoReDo, the pulldown flags are removed and we are left with 2:3 pulldown interlaced video. When that is IVTC'd, the issues are still there.
I wasn't sure exactly what was doing on. I'm still having challenges understanding Interlaced and hard interlaced but this reply makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
BTW, you don't join the VOBs with VRD. You select the title and then run the QuickStreamFix option and output to your wrapper of choice. If you go to MKV, you'll get all of the chapter marks, 720x480 and 16:9.
You are able to select just VOBs, but correct that if you drag the IFO file onto it then it'll present a list to pick from. You don't "have" to do a QuickSream Fix. I've been playing around with more ideas than I've typed attempting to get a greater result.

I'm a bit anal (watch it, Lathe!!!! Muhaha!) when it comes to video. I've come across some 480i's like from the BDs of "Back to the Future" where I have to just accept "interlacing is part of it..and it won't look any better if you continue to mess with it" so if I leave the Interlace alone and just let it rerender it looks close to what the original is.
I think it was you that I typed, something about just let the T.V. or the player handle it. That's been challenging for ME to accept but I'm doing...in some cases.

Agreed about MKV. I love chapters. I do appreciate that MKV allows a lot of stuff to be retained so that processors like BD-RB is able to process them well; most of the time. I will note that HandBrake, if you leave all filters off and change the framerate to Peak Framerate and Framerate(FPS) you can get an alllllmost totally clean video. Every once in a while some "interlaced" is left. Which is currently more clean than what BD-RB does. But, eh... I much prefer the quality of BD-RB.

Anyway, I agree about the Source not being the best. I know I'm nuts, miuh-muh-ha-ha-haha, but it's good to know someone else has noticed it all.

For the last bit of fun, I'll check the MKV output from VRD. Otherwise I'm done with this project. Glad to know it's not a BUG with all the hidden options I was checking.