View Single Post
Old 31st December 2019, 17:49   #22  |  Link
abolibibelot

Quote:
Can you please do this test with AVS+ 32 bit?
So I installed Avisynth+ 3.4.0 as advised by "StainleSS", and re-ran those tests...
– Quite astonishingly, running roughly the same script (I may have changed a line or two between the version used for the former tests and a reference copy I made a few hours later but nothing significant), AVSMeter gives a total time just above 47 minutes :
Attachment 17112
– Then with an updated script on which, as also advised by "StainleSS", I replaced the individual Morpheus commands by a single command pointing to a list of frames to interpolate in a separate file, it further reduced the time almost by half (although the absolute improvement from 11+ hours is less impressive it was definitely worth correcting that clumsiness), down to 28.5 minutes :
Name:  AVSMeter x86 script 201912302106 2.png
Views: 359
Size:  16.2 KB
– Then I tested the updated script with Avisynth+ 64 bits, which gave only a tiny improvement, total time of about 28 minutes :
Name:  AVSMeter x64 script 201912310037.png
Views: 397
Size:  16.2 KB

So apparently there's been a lot of progress in terms of efficiency / optimization in Avisynth / Avisynth+ over the last few years.

And the problem with Morph in 64 bits has disappeared, so it seems specific to the older version of Avisynth+ x64 I had before (last time I checked it was supposed to be up-to-date, but I myself am far from being up-to-date generally speaking, I could use a complete revision, but my mom who likes ev'rythin' to be clean and neat and tidy threw away the source code a long time ago, and I'm now way too messed up for any attempt at retro-engineering, so I guess I'll have to stick with my obsolete self until I make my escape).

“If all else fails, it's good to smile in the dark.”
Iggy Pop
Attached Images

abolibibelot is offline   Reply With Quote