View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 22:31   #11  |  Link
Didée

Well, joining the Magic Circle surely is an option. Waiting for me making a clean script is anther one (you won't believe how knotty and non-understandable my scripts can get after an hour of toying around!). Though I can't foresee if it'll work correctly under all possible circumstances; most probably it won't. Whatever approach one takes, there will always be compromises to be made at some point.

Thing is, you can't really fight this flickering with spatial filters, Vinverse, AntiAliasing & Co. are out of the game. Using temporal filtering works wonders in static areas, and catastrophic in motion areas. Keeping both apart is difficult when not using motion compensation. And with motion compensation - as already said - the flicker tends to get "motion" compensated too, so that the temporal sword loses its sharpness. It's like Mug Funky concluded in post#2, a machine doesn't see the real problem. It tends to choose the "closest" solution, where man's brain wishes to have the solution that's only after the third corner, or even farther.
Or: to find a solution that satisfies a neural network (->brain), you need a neural network to find that solution. Simple pixel compairing mechanics will always fall short, sooner or later. It's the *interpretation* of the actual content that is needed, and that is beyond cheap scripting ...

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote