View Single Post
Old 9th December 2017, 16:54   #47646  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
To be honest disabling quadrupling for 720p is not a bad idea at all. Jinc offers very good quality for taking NGU doubled 720p to 2160p directly, the quality difference between that and downscaling from quadrupled 2880p is minor. My settings.bin is meant to maximize quality for a 1080 Ti+ user, not be an optimal quality/power point or anything close to that. It is the settings I use, minus changes I sometimes make for specific sources.

It would be interesting to create a few config options I consider optimal for different power levels without targeting specific GPUs. My current one would probably need to be called "heater mode". I do think I could do a much more reasonable profile for max quality, but without spending power just because it is available. I'll get started.
That'd be pretty sweet, actually. I just started over with my 1060 settings now that I've rebuilt the machine with the replacement. I suspect I'm going to start tweaking it again, but, I'm only doing 1080p on a panny plasma. Still, it'd be nice to have everything setup properly for when my golden goose comes in and I can buy a 2016 LG OLED 3D capable 4k screen. LMAO My 1060 is 6gb and works very well for 1080p....no surprise there.