View Single Post
Old 26th January 2010, 08:07   #10  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Corpus View Post
I understand that, but I was hoping for a response a bit more professional such as yours. I know it's a long post, but I stated why I haven't used the presets. I have kept this simple, but unfortunately I need reliability since I'm going through about 15 hours a week of video in several different resolutions. Letting mplayer/mencoder handle possibly broken transport streams is simpler than demuxing the video with projectX, finding where the audio gaps are if just the audio corrupted and then doing the same with video, and then reassembling everything together and passing it through x264 with presets to use.
You have yet to explain what is stopping you from using the presets in mencoder. It's a simple matter of reading the --fullhelp and using your copy and paste buttons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Corpus View Post
Granted mencoder will have to slew the audio or video to bring them back in sync, but it is simpler since I don't have to deal with that. As I "have" to use mplayer, the presets were not an option. Though at the same time, mbtree isn't an option that exists in mencoder but I can still pass it to the x264 code.
What do you mean, "option that exists in mencoder"? mencoder passes all options blindly to x264. It does not have its own option system. Any option that is in libx264 is in mencoder.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote